January 27, 2008

Will she ever learn to crawl?

I know she is only five months and that is to early for her to star crawling, but I have to admit I am a bit concerned. Every time I put her on her tummy for "Tummy Time" she immediately starts screaming! The Dr. said I need to do it at least 20 minutes a day! I know if she saw just how much she hates it she would tell me not to even worry about doing it! Well the longest we have been able to endure "Tummy Time" is a grand total of 5 min. and she cried the whole time. It brakes my heart! At first she would move around and scream which at least made the 5 min. worth it knowing she was developing her muscles (isn't this the whole point of "Tummy Time") Now she just lays there and screams, doesn't even bother to move. Nothing helps! Laying by her, giving her toys, playing with her, none will keep her happy! She can sit up when you sit her on the floor and she can even stand for a little while holding on to the couch. But I think crawling will be a milestone that may take quit a while for us! Not only because she hates it but because I can't bear to do tummy time anymore! It kills me!

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Cute pics, Maigan! I can't believe how big she is!!! She was just a tiny little baby when we last saw you guys here in AZ and now she looks like such a big girl! : ) She is adorable!

Unknown said...

Merrek never crawled. She walked by like 10 months, and crawled after. Don't be too worried. It just means so knows it is a waste of her time. She is on to bigger and better things! j/k

Logan & Lindy said...

Dont worry at all Brooklyn hated Tummy Time! She would just put her face in the floor and cry. She didnt even like to crawl. Little stinker! All babys are so different its so scary being a mom because you worry about them so much and what they ARENT doing and what they are doing!!! Good luck!! She is a cutie pie!

Weeks Family said...

Don't worry about it Maig. I had the same issue with Danielle starting to walk. She would walk around the couches and took a couple of steps and then fell down. She was about 13 months before she started walking. All babies are different. She will crawl when she is ready. Miss ya guys. She is too cute.

melinda said...

Don't worry. I've never been a tummy time kind of mom. I carry my kids around or wear them on my back the majority of the time and they still learn. Emma crawled at 9mo. and Jacob at 5 mo.

She is cute and growing up fast!

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

She has such an angelic face! Cute little lips! I'm sure that she will be just fine and she will grow up to be an awesome v-ball player like her mommy, even if she doesn't crawl!!

Ashlie said...

Your little girl is so sweet!!! Don't worry about her and tummy time though. She will come around.

BrookeNaomi said...

Maigan!
It is so your first child! Don't worry, she'll crawl... Our 2nd girl, Mia didn't crawl until 11 months.. how's that for worry? I was starting to wonder!
Brooke